Monday, March 16, 2009

Pomegranates, yo!

I've always wanted to try one for the longest time (coz apparently pomegranate is the new black...or whatever lol) so I bought a single one last week out of curiosity and ate it today.

So as I was staring down this strange looking, piece of 'whattheeff?', I actually did not know where to start. I was baffled...I did not know how to approach it. Believe it or not I googled "How do you eat a pomegranate?". Thinking I was prepared, I brought along a bowl of water, a knife, an apron (or non white shirt coz it stains, yo) and some goggles coz the parts you eat (they are called arils --- the fleshy red part that surrounds the seeds) may fly out and cause someone to lose an eye...

As I was reading some instructions on how to cut it properly, I got impatient and decided to just cut it open down the middle as juice started gushing out. It was getting a little messy by my unorthodox approach but it seemed to work so whatever. So yadda yadda yadda I ate it. I eventually got sick of it, and was kinda disappointed. I realized my expectations were probably made too high. It was just meh. My long curiousity had suddenly been killed by a sad realization.

As I was eating these little sweet red "delectables", I reflected on something I haven't thought about in a while. My blog. Well, just to catch up on things, I've spent the last while not doing much, just working and readjusting my thoughts. Oh yeah, and I also dropped out of the arts and entertainment management program I was enrolled in after failing a course coz of a dumb mistake I did in missing an exam. And aside from taking nearly half a year to think of a metaphor to explain my situation (haha, pomegranates..who knew?) one thing I realized was, this program I enrolled in; that I've been interested and curious about for the longest time ever after graduating high school, suddenly became so blah once I was in it.

Maybe my expectations were a little too specific, I dunno. But it's too bad coz I've met some cool people, had some great classmates, and had some of the most interesting teachers with some of the most unordinary jobs. My lack of interest at the time however didn't help me realize these things. And I might have unintentionally burned a few bridges on my way out.

The only way I was allowed back in the program was by waiting a year again and retaking the course I failed. But eff that! I'm just gonna look ahead for now and return to school in September for something else. And all of this shouldn't be an excuse to neglect my beautiful blog. A blog gotta eat, y'kno? Anyways, hopefully this is the end of my hiatus (once again...)


ps. My credit card was actually in my jacket pocket LOL!

3 comments:

Hora said...

I like pomegranate juice... Maybe it's better than the actual fruit?

And what program are you thinking of going into in September? Do you have a plan yet?

andehhh said...

I have an idea of where I want to go and what I want to do but I don't know what to take to help me get there lol. So it's all in the process...Hopefully i can ask ppl in the biz for advice and ask student council where I should start. yeah i dont wanna say what i wanna do coz last time i did, this happene lol (and wow did you randomly jus look here? ahaha)

Hora said...

haha no, i have you in my rss feeds :P

but good call on not saying, don't jinx it!