Monday, April 7, 2008

FRESH 7 - Week II - April '08


Featured Artist: MICKEY FACTZ

" As hip-hop has culturally evolved from it’s original days, of the b-boys to that of the d-boys and so forth. Mickey Factz has been steadily crafting what he’s coined as "Uber" music. When asked what "Uber" music is, he gestures at the sky and says, "undeniable global music...I don’t care where in the world you are, you’re rockin’ to this shit." To Factz hip-hop music in it’s truest essence is about being able to rock out on any track like the forefathers did and currently that lack there of in the genre is what’s stagnating its growth. "The music my generation and younger are listening to has expanded beyond funk and soul, we’re listening to rock, electronic, house and so forth. I’m always going to be clever with the wordplay and lyrics, but very few rappers can do that on a Royskopp record. That’s the lane I ride in. I’m going to do me, and trust, you’ll love me for it. "

1. Mickey Factz - "Don't Be Light (featuring N.E.R.D.)"

2. Kidz In The Hall - "Drivin' Down The Block"

3.
Wyclef Jean - "Fast Car (Remix) (featuring Lupe Fiasco)"

4.
Rod - "Grown And Sexy (featuring Keri Hilson)"

5.
Kenna - "Out Of Control"

6. Justice - "DVNO"

7. Colin Monroe - "I Want Those Flashing Lights"

=========

Re-Uppin!!! (last weeks download):

Click HERE and enjoy!

No comments: